All participants in UNM study abroad programs must attend travel issues medical advisory session with a physician.
Students can set up sessions with UNM Student Health and Counseling (SHAC) or can arrange a session with a private physician. Students must turn in a UNM Study Abroad Health Evaluation Confidential Health History Form & Certificate of Health as filled in by the student and physician at the session. Further program requirements for Ecuador students are forthcoming.

We will be addressing health issues in the meetings and orientation sessions and there is also information available at the UNM Student Health Clinic .

Below we have provided some links to explore for further information.

1) The U.S. State Department publishes general travel information on their website:

2) U.S. government “Current Travel Warnings" (Ecuador not included)

3) The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has health information and warnings for every region of the world.

The UNM Student Health Center has an excellent Travel Clinic. Their staff can advise you about vaccinations, health warnings or other health issues for travelers. They will also do individual consultations with your or your participants at very inexpensive rates.

An outstanding website on study abroad health and safety issues from the Safety Abroad First - Educational Travel Information Clearinghouse Project (SAFETI) is found at: